Friday 11 April 2008

"bad films"



I watched the film fight club for the first time last night so decided to tell you all about it today!!!! it contains the following ;



  • lots of drinking/drugs

  • lots of sex

  • lots of swearing

  • lots and lots of fighting/violence

This is how its described "Fight Club[1] (1996) is the first published novel by American author Chuck Palahniuk. The plot is based on an unnamed protagonist who struggles with his growing discomfort with consumerism and changes in the state of masculinity in American culture. In an attempt to overcome this, he creates an underground fighting club as a radical form of psychotherapy. It was made into a movie of the same name in 1999 by director David Fincher. The movie became a pop culture phenomenon. In the wake of the film's popularity, the novel has become a target of criticism, mainly for its explicit depictions of violence." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Club)

Its a funny film in some aspects but mainly very dark and violent. What makes it so bad is the level of graffic violence that is shown and the opinions the men have on fighting. In the night they kick, punch, bite their oponent until both man cant stand and then rest by watching others do the same (this may sound similar to boxing/wrestling but believe me its not!)

Quotes in the film include;

Tyler Durden: Fight Club was the beginning, now it's moved out of the basement, it's called Project Mayhem.
Tyler Durden: Only after disaster can we be resurrected. Tyler Durden: I want you to do me a favor. Narrator: Yeah, sure... Tyler Durden: I want you to hit me as hard as you can. Narrator: What?... in the face? Tyler Durden: Surprise me. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137523/quotes)

I really enjoyed the film although some times I did have to look away. Its definitely worth a watch and the end has a really weird twist-but I wont spoil it !

No comments: